This Currents lesson plan also includes:
A deep ocean current circles the globe at a force that is greater than 16 times all the world's rivers combined. Groups analyze the effects of submarine topography on deep ocean current speed. They then determine how this speed affects the current's ability to transport sediment.
- Use background information to teach/review ocean currents
- Activity does not include data sheets; it would be best to create your own data sheet and questions if you want to give a grade
- Five groups in each class test the five undersea features; each feature is tested independently of the others
- Part three in a series of 10
- Activity includes a visual of the setup
- Provides specific step-by-step instructions for teachers