This Currents lesson plan also includes:
Learn how ocean currents are vital to humans and marine life. The eighth installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program, focuses on ocean currents and how they affect global climate. The presentation also covers how the Coriolis effect influences currents and how to distinguish between east or west boundary currents.
- Use the resource to introduce ocean currents
- Have learners brainstorm any currents they already know about
- Be sure learners understand how salinity and temperature affect density
- Game keeps learners engaged in the material
- Handouts use colorful maps, which helps visual learners better understand the concept