This Curve of Best Fit lesson plan also includes:
Which function models the data best? Pupils work through several activities to model data with a variety of functions. Individuals begin by reviewing the shapes of the functions and finding functions that will fit plotted data points. By collecting and plotting data, scholars find a curve that will model the data to make predictions.
- Develop a matching activity with graphs, equations, and types of functions
- Confirm that pupils have the prerequisite background knowledge from other classes to successfully complete each activity
- Requires several materials such as circular regions, paper cups, paper towels, and M&Ms
- Contains instructor notes for several of the activities
- Includes extension activities to take the lesson further