This Dark Matter NASA Conference lesson plan also includes:
Young scholars calculate the escape velocity of planets in our solar system and use that knowledge to calculate the escape velocity for NGC 2300 group. They then suggest reasons for the escape velocity to be higher than possible given the amount of matter.
- Create a KWL chart before reading the dark matter article
- After the lesson, have learners find current research on dark matter
- Requires prior knowledge of the Law of Universal Gravitation, the Law of Conservation of Energy, and how to work with kinetic and potential energy formulas
- Includes many resources and links for background information
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Resource provides answers throughout the lesson