This Darwin and Natural Selection: Crash Course History of Science #22 video also includes:
Charles Darwin studied many species, but he also hindered their continued study by eating his specimens. Like many sailors, he enjoyed the taste of the Galapagos tortoise so much for many years that no ship made it all the way back to England with a live specimen. A fascinating video takes on the strange and sometimes unknown story of Charles Darwin and natural selection.
- Create a timeline of Darwin's life, noticing the many years he wasn't publishing or sharing his scientific discoveries
- Discuss the differences between natural selection and evolution
- Relies on prior knowledge of the political and religious climate during Darwin and Wallace's time
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Links to other science, history, and educational videos