This Darwin’s Bees lesson plan also includes:
What do you call a bee born in May? A maybe! This first lesson in a series of four begins with a starter activity to get scholars thinking about the topic. Then a circus, or circuit of seven activities, show Darwin's research into bee hives. Finally, pupils visit an observation bee hive or a garden.
- Invite a bee keeper to come in at the end of the lesson to answer any questions the students still have about bees and bee hives
- Be aware of any allergies
- Select the starter activity that best fits the class level, and if using with multiple classes, pick a different starter for each class
- Includes differentiation ideas
- Provides questions and activities that can be used during the hive or garden visit
- Offers many videos, links, and references