This De Broglie Wavelengths video also includes:
You learned in the previous lesson in this series that a particle with momentum has the properties of a wave. So how about a baseball? The lesson calculates the wavelengths of different particles given their momentum (mass and velocity), discovering that as the particle gets bigger, the wavelength gets smaller and smaller. Eventually, the wavelength becomes insignificant.
- Prior to showing the video, ask individuals to calculate the wavelength of the particles discussed in the lesson
- Uses content from previous lessons in this series
- Classroom requires Internet access for the YouTube video
- Includes an interactive quiz video to apply the content from the main lesson
- Makes important connections to the concepts taught previously in this series
- Gives pupils all the information rather than asking them to make some conclusions