This Death Be Not Proud printable & template also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Not dreadful, but mighty, this instructional activity for “Divine Sonnet X” (aka “Death Be Not Proud”) models for individuals how to recognize John Donne’s argument for why Death should not be proud and how to recognize the sonnet structure and rhyme scheme.
- Extend the exercise by asking readers to consider the significance of the change in the rhyme scheme in the final lines of the poem
- The annotated template for the sonnet clearly reveals Donne's argument
- The graphic organizers let users discover the structure of the sonnet
- A great way to introduce learners to the sonnet
- No prompts are provided to extend the discussion