If you're into death metal, this video's for you! Young geologists can rock out with a variety of deadly minerals, including asbestos and cinnabar, in this installment in Brain Scoop's playlist on fossils and geology. The narrator explains the problems associated with each sample, as well as the effects the death rocks have on a person's health.
- Pass out periodic tables so pupils can locate each element for themselves
- Have the class research the examples in the video to learn more about their uses
- Provide a short review of radioactive isotopes of elements before viewing
- Contains fascinating information about each mineral, complete with images and examples of its uses
- The narrator and museum curator connect each mineral to its elements on the periodic table to help reinforce chemistry skills