What are media messages really saying? Scholars use the seventh installment from an extensive digital media literacy set to answer the question. They discover how to deconstruct media messages by asking about the source, recognizing attention-grabbing techniques, and analyzing subtext.
- Provide several examples of media messages and challenge small groups to decode them
- Have pupils keep a list of helpful techniques for reaching their own conclusions while online
- Individuals require headphones and computer access if completing the activity independently
- Provides a supplemental text-based lesson
- Includes helpful, reinforcing images