This Deep-Sea Corals interactive also includes:
Come take a peak at the corals in the deep. Science scholars discover the hidden world of deep-sea corals in the third installment of a 13-part series. Topics include the differences between shallow water and deep-sea corals, the slow formation of coral reefs, and the human activities that endanger reefs around the world. Interactive features allow learners to learn more about deep-sea species and practice naming the photic zones in the ocean.
- Take learning further by having pupils create maps of the ocean's depths and identifying creatures that exist in varying amounts of sunlight
- Show additional images of the ocean ridges created from the remains of corals
- For younger learners, provide some context on the basic structures found in corals, as well as their functions
- The drag-and-drop crossword makes a fun formative assessment
- Includes all printable materials with the activity