Parameters can move and change the steepness of a graph. Introduce the effects of changing the slope or the y-intercept of a linear graph. The resource shows how to incorporate changes on graphs and how they will move up, move down, become steeper, or become flatter.
- Use the video to help pupils that are having a difficult time understanding the concept or were absent the day of instruction
- Have class members create situations with graphs and ask for the parameter change that can cause a desired effect
- The class members should be familiar with graphing linear equations
- Contains three examples on the effects of parameter changes on the graph
- Beginning of the resource explains in general what parameters can be changed in a linear function