Antiderivatives means being against doing homework on derivatives, right? The first installment of a 12-part video series on antiderivatives and differential equations takes viewers through the definition of an antiderivative. It uses a simple example to illustrate the definition.
- Use the video to introduce a unit on antiderivatives
- Challenge viewers to come up with their own derivative-antiderivative pair
- Antiderivatives are sometimes referred to as a "family" of functions; be sure learners understand why this is so
- Includes a succinct explanation of why +C is necessary
- Might require membership to view the entire video if showing multiple installments back to back
- The video only gives one example