This Defying Genocide lesson plan also includes:
Defying death. Defying those who want to do harm. Defying genocide. Pupils research the events in Rwanda to gain an understanding of what it takes to survive a horrific event like a holocaust. They use video, time lines, and Holocaust Reading Materials to gain insight into the lives of victims of genocide around the world.
- Split the class into teams to research different genocides in world history
- Place a large map of Rwanda in the front of the room to reference during the lesson
- Group size should be no larger than three
- Includes Holocaust teacher guides in the resources
- Resource contains timelines and questions for individuals to consider while viewing the film Defying Genocide