What did the US say we would accomplish to reduce greenhouse gases during the Paris Climate Agreement? Pupils watch a short video, one of two made to debut during the 2016 Democratic Presidential Candidate debate. The video summarizes the agreement, tells what the US promised, and then shows our progress in reaching that goal.
- Use the video during a climate change unit
- Ask the class to research what changes the country has made to date that positively impact our carbon footprint
- Additional information about the Paris Agreement might be helpful to younger learners
- Merges science with politics, showing how the two systems can often struggle to get along
- Presents statistics simply and impactfully