This Demographic Investigation lesson plan also includes:
What are the factors that influence voting patterns? How do these factors influence government funding? Is participation the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Class members interpret graphs and analyze trends to determine what demographic factors contribute to voter turnout.
- Have groups research statistics for the turnout in the most recent presidential election
- The data graphs represent statistics as of the 1996 presidential election; therefore, update the information before beginning the activity
- The 13th in a series of 19 activities designed for government and history classes
- The 15-page packet includes the plan, worksheets, and all the required graphs and charts
- The data graphs are dated