Change the density of water by adding minerals. The presentation discusses density—from the definition to calculations—and applies it to the real world. It briefly mentions specific gravity, and finishes by showing Archimedes' principle.
34 Views 28 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Place pupils in pairs and facilitate discussion with pre-scripted questions over density embedded within the presentation
- Depending upon level of classes, the presentation may take one to three days
- Presentation is applicable to eighth graders, if pupils are at a higher level
- Some slides contain teacher notes
- Discusses placement of a carbon dioxide detector in homes, which is a great application of density
- Embedded links to labs and problems do not work