A video details the life of the Castañeda family starting in Los Angelas in the 1920s. Daughter, Emilia, tells her story of how her family was deported during the Great Depression and her struggles to return the United States of America.
- Have the link open or bookmarked for pupils to watch independently, have headphones available to decrease noise
- Assign the video for homework, accompany it with a blog post challenging participants to summarize and reflect on what they saw
- View the video as part of Hispanic Heritage Month—September 15-October 15
- The video contains sensitive topics, preview the material prior to showing your class
- A well-produced video hold learners' attention
- National standards are linked for history
- Related videos are displayed at the bottom of the webpage