Geometry to the rescue. By watching a video, scholars see how geometric concepts help explain derivative formulas: areas of rectangles and volumes of rectangular prisms for the Power Rule and similarity and trig ratios for the Sine Rule.
3 Views 0 Downloads
- Have learners explain the derivatives of 1/x and sqrt(x) using geometry in a journal entry
- Pupils should have some familiarity with derivatives
- Video builds on previous video
- Third installment of an 11-part series
- Animations on graphs aid in visualizing the relationship between a function and its derivative
- Explanations are clear and illuminating