Get two functions for the cost of one. The short video is the 16th in a series of 31 video on calculus topics. The presenter works through finding the derivative of a function involving two arccot functions. One of the functions requires the chain rule to find the derivative.
- Have pupils create a flip book to help them remember the derivatives of the inverse trigonometric functions, including problems that involve the chain rule
- Individuals should already be familiar with derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions
- The class should know how to apply the chain rule
- Explains the derivatives while writing them
- Uses color boxes to highlight the arguments of the inverse cotangent function