Physics and math are closely associated in the science community. High schoolers use information in the video to determine how derivatives and calculus help them understand our local environment. They complete problems that relate to daily interactions and discuss the results, as well as how this could impact their lives.
- Have learners research the history of physics and how derivatives are an important part of the subject
- Discuss the importance in combining math and science in areas of pharmaceutical research and medicine and how things would be different if the two were not intertwined
- Assist anyone with special needs as they work through the problems associated with this lesson
- Video breaks down complex principles into easier language and explains them step by step so the class understands theories more easily
- Short video segment is a good option if the class is pressed for time