Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
The saguaro is the focus of an examination of the importance of this stately cactus to the indigenous people in the Sonoran Desert.
28 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the provided link to purchase native seeds for class members to plant
- No images of the saguaro are included in the packet
- A copy of the article "Desert People and the Saguaro" is included in the packet
- Although designed for classrooms in the Sonoran Desert, the activities would prove of interest to most learners
- The resource includes information about the cultural traditions of the Tohono O'odham and links to additional information about other natives of the Sonoran Desert
- No images of the desert, the saguaro, or saguaro foods are included