This Design a Flying Machine activities & project also includes:
Wrap up the unit in one final design. Pairs use their knowledge of aviation to design new flying machines and record how their designs take into consideration the forces that act upon airplanes. The pupils determine whether their designs contain a line of symmetry in the last portion of a 22-part unit on aviation.
- If time allows, have groups build models of their flying machines
- Assumes individuals know the forces acting upon an airplane
- Requires a bag of household items to introduce the brainstorming
- Includes a worksheet to organize the designs and review the unit
- Contains a template to help with the brainstorming portion of the activity
- Does not explain the purpose of providing each group with a bag of household utensils