This Design a Parking Garage lesson plan also includes:
Parking structures don't build themselves. Investigate the process of designing and planning the construction of a parking garage. After considering the factors that must go into the design, scholars create their own models from a set of constraints.
- Vary the constraints given to groups to differentiate the lesson
- Incorporate as a performance task during a unit on scale models
- Expects an understanding of finding the area of quadrilaterals and slope
- Provides documents in an editable format
- Includes a teaching guide to help plan for the activity