This Design Life: Exploring Society Through Art lesson plan also includes:
- "HIs Honor the Recorder" by Robert Harris
- "Untitled," by Robert Harris
- "Ante-room of the Atelier Bonnat, Paris," by Robert Harris
- "Bessie in the Studio at Bolton's, London," by Robert Harris
- "The Lonely Hours That Harbour Quiet Thoughts" by Robert Harris
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce learners to the design elements and artifacts of interior environments in Victorian Canada (or any people and era you care to explore) based on artwork that represents their world. Your secondary social historians view the art of Canadian painter Robert Harris to understand how interior design communicates social class. They create original paintings that express the time and culture they are studying. They then write descriptive poetry inspired by the paintings.