This Design Step 2: Research the Problem lesson plan also includes:
How do you get started designing a product to meet your engineering design goals? Here, learners gain understanding of an important aspect of the engineering design process: background research. Through brainstorming and worksheets, groups further their development of their engineering project.
- Assign part of the research as an out-of-classroom assignment, where group members reach out to professionals in the field or members of the target population
- This is the second of six activities in a unit all about the engineering design process
- Keep groups unchanged throughout the unit
- Contains formative assessments for use throughout lesson
- Student-centered learning