This Designing and Analyzing Data Collected from Wearable Devices to Solve Problems in Health Care lesson plan also includes:
Wearable devices have become more the norm than the exception. Learners analyze data from a sample device with a regression analysis in a helpful hands-on instructional activity. Their focus is to determine if there is a connection between temperature and heart rate. Later, they design their own wearable devices by creating a model with distinct specifications.
- At the conclusion of the lesson, ask each group to research a different concern and present their findings, either live or with a video
- Requires knowledge of all function types, including piecewise and familiarity with using technology for a regression analysis
- Activity needs a specific set of materials and time to collect and prepare them
- Encourages multiple approaches to solving problems
- Provides a handout for students to follow throughout the lesson