Why Lesson Planet?
Introduces your class to the types of loads experienced by a bridge. Groups calculate the ultimate load combinations to determine the maximum load requirement. Using this information, builders then determine the amount of material they need based upon their design.
- Work some example problems as a class to determine the required bridge size
- Lead a discussion about the bridge load signs that pupils may have seen and why there is a difference based upon the size of the truck
- Individuals should have a basic understanding of bridge types
- The fourth installment in a 10-part unit
- The answer documents have the mathematical calculations needed to arrive at the answers
- The lesson plan includes the references used for the concepts presented
- The lesson plan does not include details on an instructional method
- Load Combinations Worksheet (PDF)
- Load Combinations Worksheet (Doc)
- Load Combinations Worksheet Answers (PDF)
- Load Combinations Worksheet Answers (Doc)
- Graphics & Images