Staticians and researchers can learn many things about a population using just a few numbers. Viewers learn how to describe populations with statistical values in the seventh installment of an 11-part Math in Science video series. The video covers how to calculate the population mean, range, and percent of range.
- Use the video as an intervention tool
- The resource provides a great way to introduce your class to statistics
- Percent of range is generally not a measure of variation that is used in the K-12 curriculum
- Resource shows calculations for each step
- The wording in the video makes it seem like the mean is a measure of variation