Introduce the concept of domain and range with a video that starts with the formal definitions of the domain and range and moves on to the practical descriptions used to determine them. The presentation explains how to find the domain and range from discrete and continuous data.
- Stop the video before it gives the answers and have the class provide an answer
- Provide a mini-lesson on interval notation prior to the video
- Not all of the examples are functions though the standard is about functions
- The video provides examples using several different representations
- The resource shows multiple ways to write the domain and range
- The presenter calls the variable for the number of candy bars in the last example the cost