This Determining the Atomic Mass of Elements in a Compound Using Matrices lesson plan also includes:
Scholars apply concepts learned in both Algebra II and Chemistry to answer the questions on the provided worksheet. The activity allows for extra practice in both classes and helps connect concepts usually taught in isolation. The handout fits as the fourth installment of a seven-part series integrating science and math concepts.
- Team teach with Algebra II and Chemistry teachers
- Pre-teach how to solve matrices on graphing calculators if pupils aren't confident they remember this specific skill
- Relies on prior knowledge of solving systems of equations with a matrix and determining the mass of a compound when given the chemical formula
- It's easy to finish work at home without additional instruction
- Great example of cross-curricular connections