This Developing Reading Fluency: Selecting a Text and Practicing Reading Aloud lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Young readers continue to strengthen their fluency skills with a text of their choosing. The teacher first engages the class with an audio recording or read-aloud of a short poem, modeling for children how to read fluently. Next it's game time, as the class plays charades or taboo in order to reinforce the fluency vocabulary phrasing, rate, punctuation, and expression. Students then choose a text and read it independently, making notes to assist them when reading the text aloud. Finally, learners pair up and practice their fluent reading, providing each other with constructive feedback. Adaptable to a wide range of ages, this is a great resource for developing the reading skills of your class.
- Allows students to set and monitor personalized learning goals
- Differentiated to support all learners
- Comprehensive lesson plan
- Includes a variety of teaching strategies