This Development of a Model: Analyzing Elemental Abundance lesson plan also includes:
How do scientists identify which elements originate from meteorites? Scholars learn about a sample of material found in a remote location, analyzing the sample to determine if it might be from Earth or not. They study elements, isotopes, abundance, and graphing as they attempt to answer the question.
- Work through a few of the problems together to clarify the process
- Discuss anomalous data and how to best handle it
- Relies on prior knowledge of statistics, abundance, ratios, and isotopes
- Fifth in a six-part series on cosmic chemistry
- Links to many high quality resources for extended learning
- Includes answer keys