This Dictionary Cube worksheet also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Young scholars investigate new vocabulary words with a fun, collaborative activity. Given a deck of word cards, pairs of students flip over one at a time and independently look up the term in a dictionary. They then take turns rolling a paper cube with different questions printed on it and use a dictionary to answer the question that comes up. Add this activity as a center during language arts rotations and develop the vocabulary and dictionary skills of elementary students in any grade level.
- A blank cube template is included so teachers can create their own questions
- Suggestions for extending and adapting the activity are provided
- Activity can be used with any vocabulary words
- Assumes students have prior knowledge about using dictionaries to learn about words