This Diffraction and Interference video also includes:
How do you study something you can't see? The instructor in a video models an experiment that shows the wave properties of light (electromagnetic waves). The video follows another in a 14-part series that describes the features of electromagnetic waves.
- Have learners perform the experiment modeled in the video; show the video for clarification and to allow for note taking
- Model the experiment for classes and ask for predictions before showing each step in the video
- Showing the video requires Internet access
- Images help explain the behavior of the wave properties
- Resource shows the experiment through diagrams and drawings, but seeing the actual procedure and results is much more powerful