Phew, what's that smell? And, how does something like a scent travel from its source to all corners of a room? Science sleuths learn how diffusion is responsible for spreading odors around in the sixth installment in a 14-part video series about solids, liquids, and gases. The video includes properties of the three main states of matter and the mechanism of diffusion itself.
- Use the pauses embedded in the video to check students' learning progress
- Extend the lesson by having lab groups experiment with factors like temperature and pressure
- Learners should have a basic knowledge of states of matter and particle movement
- Animations illustrate diffusion concepts using simple pictures and examples
- Teachers can also use the video in a biology setting to teach diffusion basics