Do you need to pass along the concept of in a short amount of time? Learners view a short video segment that describes, in detail, the process and results of a dihybrid genetic cross through Punnett squares. They then conclude the process by discussing implications of genetics and their uses in modern science.
- Have the class research the future of genetic cross-hybridization and both the benefits as well as the risks
- Divide the class into groups and have each group make a booklet depicting a dihybrid genetic cross; have them detail the process and also explain what could possibly occur should a mutation take place at any point in the process
- Make sure you properly integrate this video segment with already existing material on the subject
- Short video segment allows the opportunity to provide additional problems for the class to complete so they may further understand the concepts
- Video segment culminates the entire genetic process of hybridization to ensure students have a complete understanding of mono and dihybrid crosses
- Does not provide any additional material or assessments to ensure objectives have been met