This Dilation in the Coordinate Plane: Lesson video also includes:
Multiply coordinates to either shrink or enlarge a figure. An informative segment of a geometry playlist introduces dilation on the coordinate plane. The dilations in the resource use the origin as the center of dilation, which makes calculation easier.
- Investigate the effect of the dilation if the center is not at the origin
- Pupils should be comfortable working with scale factors
- Assumes individuals are familiar with the distance formula
- Uses colors to distinguish between the image and pre-image
- Links to more dilation resources including practice problems