This Dilations from Different Centers lesson plan also includes:
Can you follow a composition of transformations, or better yet construct them? Young mathematicians analyze the composition of dilations, examining both the scale factor and centers of dilations. They discover relationships for both and relate them back to the original image.
- Use a different color for each step of the composition transformations to distinguish each transformation and its corresponding center
- Allow time for exploration of the compositions for learners to make their own conclusions before discussing as a group
- Requires rulers for measurement and as a straightedge
- The 11th in a group of 36 lessons
- Uses a hands-on approach to exploring composition of dilations
- Emphasizes vocabulary and correct notation