This Dilations of Quadratic Graphs - Concept video also includes:
Help learners recognize the characteristics of a quadratic graph and how changes affect them. An informative video uses a graphing calculator in order to find out what happens when the leading coefficient of a quadratic changes. The resource continues with showing by hand what happens to the points of the parent graph when undergoing a dilation.
- Pause the video to have class members guess what the graph will look like
- Have pupils graph the functions by hand to find the specific changes for the functions graphed
- The class should be familiar with graphing quadratics using tables of values
- Concept video has a transcript
- The resource uses two methods to graph technology and by hand
- The explanation for the concept video is not the correct one