Menorahs, latkes, and dreidels are all part of Hanukkah. As part of a celebration of the holiday, class members listen to the tale of a decidedly devious dinosaur that causes a fuss playing with candles, dreidels, and latkes. Youngsters then join the fun by constructing their own menorah.
- Include the activity in a celebration of the many winter holiday traditions
- Substitute Legos for the Menorah making activity
- Requires a copy of Diane Levin Rauchwerger's Dinosaur on Hanukkah
- Enlist aides to supervise or conduct the glue gun portion of the activity
- Includes information about Hanukkah, a step-by-step lesson plan, and images of Menorah