This Discover a Data Story lesson plan also includes:
"Data is so boring, there's no way to find any patterns in them." Or is there? Pairs investigate data sets using different data visualization tools to discover a trend that may exist in a data set. Once they find a trend or pattern, they write about their discoveries and include the visualization they made.
- Find other available data sets to use to create variety in the activity
- Restrict the data sets to just a couple to aid in the pairs' decision on which to explore
- The class will need to know how to use a tool to create a chart from data
- The 12th lesson in a unit of 15
- Includes a folder of data sets
- Provides a rubric to assess the report