This Discovering Relationships Between Side Length and Area lesson plan also includes:
Consider the relationship between side length and area as an input-output function. Scholars create input-output tables for the area of squares to determine an equation in the first installment of a three-part unit. Ditto for the area of a circle.
- Consult with the math department for grade-level appropriateness
- There are two associated activities with the lesson
- Note that the resource uses 3.14 for pi rather than using a calculator
- Provides a worksheet to assign homework
- Includes prompt questions to use during class discussions
- Math content may be below intended grade level; i.e., learners are likely to already know the geometric relationships