This Discrete Random Variables: Roll the Dice! interactive also includes:
And the winner is ... not always who it appears to be. An interactive gives the directions for a dice game that on the surface gives one player an advantage over the other. Pupils look closer at the possible outcomes and find the theoretical number of outcomes each player would win. They then record the number of wins for each player from a long-term simulation.
- Have the class members determine a set of rules that would make the game fair to each player
- Encourage each classmate to create a graphic organizer that will allow them to determine the winner for each roll
- Requires signing up for a free login account
- Allows the individual to display the correct answer
- The supplemental material provides the definition of discrete random variables
- The description of the challenge and the answers to the questions do not agree on the definition of winner; the winner should be who receives the money not who gives it away