How does the Pythagorean Theorem become the distance formula? The video instructor begins by explaining the application of the distance formula. She then shows graphically how the distance formula is just an extension of the Pythagorean Theorem.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Highlight the connection between the distance formula and the Pythagorean Theorem
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete while watching the video
- Learners should have experience working with formulas and square roots
- Explains the origin of the distance formula and why it works
- Does not incorporate contextual application of the distance formula