This Dividing by (x – a) and (x + a) lesson plan also includes:
Patterns in math emerge from seemingly random places. Learners explore the patterns for factoring the sum and differences of perfect roots. Analyzing these patterns helps young mathematicians develop the polynomial identities.
1 Collection 3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have learners divide their papers into three columns to complete the opening exercises to allow for comparison
- Use suggestions for scaffolding to develop a solid understanding of the patterns
- Refers to methods used in the previous three lessons in this series
- Expects learners to use higher-level thinking skills to analyze patterns and develop conclusions
- Includes independent practice problems with an answer key