Split the polynomial into terms. The video shows how to divide a polynomial by a monomial. By splitting the polynomial into its terms, the problem then becomes dividing several monomials by a monomial. Class members become familiar with the process while watching four examples.
- Provide several practice problems that are similar in construction to the example problems
- Pupils should be familiar with properties of exponents
- Assumes students know how to divide a monomial by a monomial
- Contains a numerical example to explain how the division principle works
- Uses colors to highlight the work with negative exponents