Chromosomes, genes, traits ... how are they all related? A short video introduces the many factors involved in heredity. Junior geneticists explore the transfer of chromosomes from parents to offspring, the proteins created by base pair sequences, and the resulting traits.
- Assign the resource outside of class so students can prepare for the next day's lesson
- Have the class practice pairing bases using an interactive
- A little knowledge of the vocabulary involved in heredity is helpful, but it is also discussed throughout the video
- The narrator introduces a great saying to help pupils remember which base pairs go together
- Resource contains clear explanations of key vocabulary to give the class a strong foundation