This DNA Forensics and Color Pigments activity & project also includes:
Use food coloring in electrophoresis. The last segment in a four-part series mimics DNA fingerprinting by using chromatography. Teams conduct chromatography on food coloring to find colors that use similar pigmentation in their makeup.
38 Views 30 Downloads
- Use two different types of food coloring and compare the colors to see if they are similar
- The class should have a general knowledge of gel electrophoresis
- Develop a system to keep the paper from dropping into the water
- The worksheet makes the connection between the simulated DNA forensics and actual DNA forensics
- The worksheet comes with an answer document