Show learners how DNA transcription works with a video that details the step-by-step instructions required to copy genes, and how cells follow those instructions, via translation, to produce proteins and enzymes that help build further cell materials.
- Preview the video and script questions throughout; pair learners and pause the video, asking questions and discussing the processes covered
- Video contains a lot of vocabulary; help review these words by using Frayer models, word walls, or other vocabulary tools
- Video 11 in a series of 40
- The narrator relates DNA transcription to figuring out how to make a Hot Pocket; a funny and engaging analogy for high schoolers
- Video does include a table of contents, allowing teachers to show segments or pause it at specific places for discussion
- The narrator moves quickly through the complex processes of transcription and translation which may overwhelm some viewers